Senin, 27 Oktober 2008

Problems Impulse and Momentum

i. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem.

A baseball of mass 850 g travelling at 15 m/s due south is caught and thrown northwest at the same speed during a time interval of 0.85 s.
(a) What is the magnitude of the change in the momentum of the ball during this time interval?
(b) What is the direction of the change in the ball's momentum during this time interval?
(c) What are the magnitude and the direction of the impulse delivered to the ball during this time interval?

There are more questions, but I know how to do those.
I have solved the problem, but I got different answers from the answer key. I don't know what I am missing.

(a) I got this one correct 24 kg*m/s.
(b) I got 22.5° East of South. They say it is 135°, no direction specified. 135° is the angle between the two vectors. Why would that be the direction of the change in the momentum?
(c) I got 24 N*s 22.5° East of South. They say it is 24N*s 22.5° West of North. Why is the direction of the change in momentum different from the direction of the impulse? Why do I have a direction of East of South and they say it is West of North?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

Ok. met berjuang,
kunjungi juga dong blog saya :
http://y-inka.blogspot.com

lee Chan

Langgeng mengatakan...

Johanes Surya Kembangkan Fisika tanpa Rumus. Baca di sini :
http://www.republika.co.id/berita/17513.html